About the job
Matteo is looking for a highly organized and detail-oriented team player to join our Accounting Department.
The Accounting Clerk is responsible for providing support to the accounting operations by maintaining the integrity of financial documents; reconciling statements; and processing receipts and payment. The right person is curious about local manufacturing and is excited to learn about how various business functions work synergistically together. Matteo is a strong believer in cross-training and career development for our associates; this is a great eye-opening opportunity which allows recent graduates exposure to business operation through a transparent culture.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Compiles, analyzes, and interprets company financial statements and reports.
- A/R responsibilities including: Processes invoices, charges credit cards, refunds, chargebacks, reconcile payments, deposits, and collections.
- A/P responsibilities including: batches, and codes vendor bills, researches & reconciles discrepancies, and cuts checks.
- Reconciliations including bank statements, credit card statements, and petty cash.
- Processes cash transactions including deposit, wirings and transfers.
- Assists with month-end closing.